Friday, May 11, 2007

Baby's First Painting!

don't laugh... I've got the whole summer to improve. I should be able to master this stuff in three months, right?

ok, here are my first two paintings. I got pissed off and quit halfway through the first, and i got pissed off and quit three quarters of the way throught the second. I wish I had developed the value range more in the second apple--the entire left side should be darker. There was some nice core(ha) shadow action going on that I totally ignored. Anyway, warm-up time is over, on to bigger and better things. I need major amounts of helpful hints at this point...


1 comment:

David said...

If your third is to your second as your second was to your first, you'll be doing just fine, huh?
I am not a skillful painter with real paint, so I don't have any tips for you. However, the "world's finest guide to watercolor painting" is available for free at http://www.handprint.com/HP/WCL/water.html
It really is amazing.